Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Annual Carrot Festival Coloring Contest

WORDS BY LUKE PHILLIPS

   When I was a kid growing up in Holtville I always loved the coloring contests put on by Pine Market. The store would sponsor a different contest for almost every holiday and the winners would be featured in the Tribune. I don't think I ever won, but I always had fun trying. 

   Pine Market has been closed for several years now and they stopped running the contests several years before they closed, so it's been quite a long time since Holtville had a coloring contest and we think it's time to bring the tradition back. 

   So here it is, the first of what we hope will be many more Holtville and holiday-themed coloring contests for kids, featuring artwork by my amazing wife Elizabeth. I hope the children of Holtville enjoy this as much as I did when I was a kid!

   Here's how it works: Download this printable JPEG (right-click the link and select 'save link as') of the coloring sheet, print it out, have your child color the bunny and mail it back to us. It's just that easy! Good luck!



3 comments:

  1. Don't you mean, pick up prize on Saturday Feb 9th, after parade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the mother of Aubrey Lopez I was hoping the prize could be mailed at home since I work on Saturday and will not be able to take my little one to pick up her prize? She was really excited about her being selected as a winner. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no problem We'll get it mailed out ASAP. Thanks for participating and congratulations Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete